Thursday, June 30, 2011

Girl's Bedroom Reveal

YEP, we got her dun...

Here is the before... kinda, I'd already painted the first coat for the B&B.



And the After...
(Except for the chandelier that is... who knows when we'll get that pretty thing hung.)



TA-DA!
(I LOVE the huge windows in this room but it does make taking pictures a bit of a challenge... too dark or washed out!!)
I went with the pink and green scheme partially because of these "Sunbonnet Sue" quilts that my mom made for my girls many moons ago.
They are still in great shape and the girls love them.
Thanks mom!

These curtains make me HAPPY!
Polka dots and stripes... my two favorite things!



Meg's side:



Hallie's side:


My girls love to read in bed at night so I picked up these wall lamps from Lowes.

LOVE THEM!!!



The board and batten makes a perfect little shelf to place some pictures of the girls together and an "S" for "Sisters" of course. :)

The wall color is Glidden Spanish Olive but I had the paint lady lighten it about 50%.
It is the perfect shade of green... in my humble opinion. :)


On the left side of the room the window is smaller and lower but I wanted the curtains to hang from the same height so I added these stars to fill the empty space and give some balance.


I'm in love with my Silhouette because I can make pretty butterflies with a push of a button!















I'm so happy with how it all turned out!
Now on to the boys room!! :)



6 comments:

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

Super cute! I have been going back and forth between color schemes for my Daughter's room and I am thinking pink and green is it! So pretty! Love this post. :)

Unknown said...

Adorable. I love the idea of hanging the stars to balance out the window space.

Melissa said...

I love it Kathryn!! Just wish it would stay so clean and put together all the time huh:) Love the colors and you did a great job on the B&B!!!

Barillafab4.blogspot.com said...

such a precious room!!!

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

Super cute!

Linds said...

So cute! I love it!